Monday, November 16, 2009

hardcore zen?

Tuesday and Thursday Brad Warner brings hardcore Zen to the southwest of Canada. I'm drenched in Zen at present (preZent? fitting): just finished an intro to Zen meditation course, acquired Zen tarot cards, and am preparing to meet Venerable Warner this week.
And yet...
And yet...
I've never been so physically committed and so mentally and emotionally uncommitted to anything in my life. I can only commit in the immediate practicing present, and only with responsibility to others. The rest of the time, I'm a skeptic.
So it makes me wonder generally about the state of spirituality in my generation. It seems that elder generations expect apathy and noncommitment...k, I have to come back to this. I'm enmeshed in the "stealth hetereosexual[ity]" of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.


...but actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment